Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis K Dennis K is offline

Default Tracking changes by different reviewers in diff colors?

Hi.

Is there a way to track the changes of different reviewers in different
colors or to somehow distinguish by source? Perhaps a related question is
how do I add another reviewer to the list?

Thanks!

Dennis
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have "By Author" selected on the Track Changes tab of Tools |
Options, each reviewer (up to a point) will get a different color. Just be
aware that the colors are assigned randomly, so a given reviewer is not
linked to a specific color.

"Dennis K" Dennis wrote in message
Hi.

Is there a way to track the changes of different reviewers in different
colors or to somehow distinguish by source? Perhaps a related question is
how do I add another reviewer to the list?

Thanks!

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis K[_2_] Dennis K[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne. I tried that approach, but changes tracked for another
reviewer and my changes keep showing up in the same color. I received the
draft from the other reviewer. It seems as if we're both being treated as
the same reviewer. Is there a different way she should send her version to
me?

Thanks for your timely response.

Dennis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have "By Author" selected on the Track Changes tab of Tools |
Options, each reviewer (up to a point) will get a different color. Just be
aware that the colors are assigned randomly, so a given reviewer is not
linked to a specific color.

"Dennis K" Dennis wrote in message
Hi.

Is there a way to track the changes of different reviewers in different
colors or to somehow distinguish by source? Perhaps a related question is
how do I add another reviewer to the list?

Thanks!

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "Author" is determined by the name in the Name field on the User
Information tab of Tools | Options. If both of you have, say, Preferred Dell
Customer (don't laugh, I've seen this more times than I want to recall) in
that field, then you'll appear to be the same person.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have "By Author" selected on the Track Changes tab of Tools |
Options, each reviewer (up to a point) will get a different color. Just
be
aware that the colors are assigned randomly, so a given reviewer is not
linked to a specific color.

"Dennis K" Dennis wrote in message
Hi.

Is there a way to track the changes of different reviewers in different
colors or to somehow distinguish by source? Perhaps a related question
is
how do I add another reviewer to the list?

Thanks!

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis K[_2_] Dennis K[_2_] is offline

BINGO! Suzanne--You are fantastic! That key piece of info--the User Info
Tab--has gotten me right to where I need to be. Thank you very much! I am
eternally grateful.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dennis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have "By Author" selected on the Track Changes tab of Tools |
Options, each reviewer (up to a point) will get a different color. Just
be
aware that the colors are assigned randomly, so a given reviewer is not
linked to a specific color.

"Dennis K" Dennis wrote in message
Hi.

Is there a way to track the changes of different reviewers in different
colors or to somehow distinguish by source? Perhaps a related question
is
how do I add another reviewer to the list?

Thanks!

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Smith Randy Smith is offline

I am working on a document edited by someone else--their comments appear in
blue, and mine appear in red (both show up with different initials). However,
when I save the document, both sets of comments change to blue, and my
comments "lose" my initials.
Any idea what's going on?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have "By Author" selected on the Track Changes tab of Tools |
Options, each reviewer (up to a point) will get a different color. Just
be
aware that the colors are assigned randomly, so a given reviewer is not
linked to a specific color.

"Dennis K" Dennis wrote in message
Hi.

Is there a way to track the changes of different reviewers in different
colors or to somehow distinguish by source? Perhaps a related question
is
how do I add another reviewer to the list?

Thanks!

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, the likelihood is that you have checked "Remove personal
information from file properties on save" on the Security tab of Tools |
Options.

http://word.mvps.org