Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default How do I turn off the automatic configuration process 2007 Word?

Everytime 1) retrieve new messages in Outlook or, 2) open a word document or
start a new word document, an installation window automatically pops up
"please wait... configuration process" etc. (Student / Teacher editiion) 4
minutes every time, and frustrating. How can I turn it off until I want
on-line help?
Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are running both Word 2007 and Word 2003, you'll need a registry hack
to fix this. See http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

On the other hand, if you are not running two versions of Word, log in as
Administrator and see if the installation process finishes correctly. You
might also try repairing the installation.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP