Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rw3399 rw3399 is offline

Default Turning spell check, grammar correction, etc

Hi all. I have an exam next week and I'm allowed to use my laptop provided
that I turn off all correction tools so I'm not cheating in their eyes. How
do I this? I find Word 2007 so much harder to operate than Word 2003. I've
found the Spelling & Grammar tab but when I click on it, it just says spell
check complete. I really need some help with this.
Many thanks
Rachel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Office Button Word Options Proofing, turn off all the options
(in the lower group) referring to checking spelling and grammar.

In the Ribbon Review tab, DON'T click the Spelling & Grammar Check
button, since that will go ahead and do the checking when you ask it
to.

On Sep 27, 12:11*pm, rw3399 wrote:
Hi all. I have an exam next week and I'm allowed to use my laptop provided
that I turn off all correction tools so I'm not cheating in their eyes. How
do I this? I find Word 2007 so much harder to operate than Word 2003. I've
found the Spelling & Grammar tab but when I click on it, it just says spell
check complete. I really need some help with this.
Many thanks
Rachel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rw3399 rw3399 is offline

Hi Peter

I went into the Office Button but I don't seem to have/can't find the Word

Rachel

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

In Office Button Word Options Proofing, turn off all the options
(in the lower group) referring to checking spelling and grammar.

In the Ribbon Review tab, DON'T click the Spelling & Grammar Check
button, since that will go ahead and do the checking when you ask it
to.

On Sep 27, 12:11 pm, rw3399 wrote:
Hi all. I have an exam next week and I'm allowed to use my laptop provided
that I turn off all correction tools so I'm not cheating in their eyes. How
do I this? I find Word 2007 so much harder to operate than Word 2003. I've
found the Spelling & Grammar tab but when I click on it, it just says spell
check complete. I really need some help with this.
Many thanks
Rachel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

It is the rectangle at the bottom labeled "Word Options" next to the
rectangle labeled "Exit Word."

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong
man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The
credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and
sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms,
the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best
knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if
he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never
be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor
defeat." - TR

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rw3399 rw3399 is offline

Thanks for your help Greg and Peter

I feel stupid now because I was looking straight at it.

Rachel

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Don't feel stupid. You are not alone. I often can see a tree for the
forest ;-)

"rw3399" wrote in message
Hi Peter

I went into the Office Button but I don't seem to have/can't find
the Word Options

Rachel