Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CFCSSJAX

Default Why do arrows appear when I press tab?

This appears to be some sort of automatic setting, but I just cannot figure
out how to turn it off. When I press tab in a document, arrows appear, and
although they do not print, their presence on the screen is annoying. Any
help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dalovindj

Go to 'Tools' then 'Options' and uncheck the 'Tab Characters' box under the
'Formatting marks' group.