Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
noel

Default Wood 2007 picture from scanner

Picture from scanner is not in insert menu how do i fix this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Apparently you don't. Maybe it will be replaced for the finished version? In
the meantime scan to an image file and insert that instead. In any case this
gives you far more control over the process, whatever Word version is
involved.

noel wrote:
Picture from scanner is not in insert menu how do i fix this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

The feature has been removed for good.
See the related post for PPT:
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...CH101030561033

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

noel wrote:
Picture from scanner is not in insert menu how do i fix this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
noel

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Noel,

Be sure to send your comments on how this impacts your work using the Office 2007 feedback tool from the link below. They've said
they're listening, so be sure you're heard.

=============

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OrlandoStephen

Why would Microsoft remove this feature? I often just want to insert a
quickly scanned item into an Outlook e-mail, and couldn't care less about
editing or changing the quality of the scanned item. It usually is just fine
in the original scan. Now, in Office 2007 (Word, Outlook, etc.), I'll need
to scan using the scanner's software, save the file, and them import the
image into Word or Outlook. Useless steps that were unnecessary in Office
2003.

Why remove functionality that was just fine in the previous versions?

"noel" wrote in message ...

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OrlandoStephen

.....ours is not to buy!

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Exactly. That is always your option. Personally, I'm fine without that
ability. I always scan in first and then inset the graphic into my document.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"OrlandoStephen" wrote in message
....ours is not to buy!

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"OrlandoStephen" wrote in
message

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now
is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Lack of usage as determined by the 2003 Customer Experience Improvement
Program (which you probably like a lot of people turned off).

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
:

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on my mood.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now
is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
legalgeek

So why do you reckon Publisher 2007 still allows it?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

OneNote 2007 actually includes it as a new feature as well.
MS's decision is based on usage data collected from all users. Make sure
that you always have the "Customer Experience Improvement Program"
turned on.
As Bob said, send them a frown on this issue.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"legalgeek" wrote in message
news
So why do you reckon Publisher 2007 still allows it?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alston Sykes

I also use the "insert from scanner" daily. I assembly lab reports and lab
worksheets, and original documents from clients, and they all must be scanned
into the reports. Many reports will have 20-30 attached sheets that are all
scanned in. The images are not modified, they need to be inserted as fast
possible, and I don't need a copy in another folder to take up space. The
finished document is then saved as a pdf file and e-mailed. This worked slow
and repetative in previous Word versions and I don't need it even slower with
extra steps!

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

OneNote 2007 actually includes it as a new feature as well.
MS's decision is based on usage data collected from all users. Make sure
that you always have the "Customer Experience Improvement Program"
turned on.
As Bob said, send them a frown on this issue.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"legalgeek" wrote in message
news
So why do you reckon Publisher 2007 still allows it?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Please use the Send-A-Smile tool Bob provided a link for to get this
feedback to Microsoft. Microsoft doesn't read these newsgroups, but the
send-a-smile tool allows you to send feedback directly to the Office
beta team and you can be assured that it will be read.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

OneNote 2007 actually includes it as a new feature as well.
MS's decision is based on usage data collected from all users. Make sure
that you always have the "Customer Experience Improvement Program"
turned on.
As Bob said, send them a frown on this issue.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"legalgeek" wrote in message
news
So why do you reckon Publisher 2007 still allows it?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Ours is not to reason why..................

--

"noel" wrote in message

This sucks i use it probably a dozen times a day the way to do it now is
longer and time consuming makes office 2003 a better choice
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron McConico Ron McConico is offline

This is the stupediest thing I have heard of. You take something that works
wonderfully and make it harder. I thought it was to go the other way. - It
was a one to three click job now you have made it much longer. Many times I
do not want to save the image - I just need it in my docutment.

Put it back!

What happened to the From Scanner or Camera option for adding pictures to a
document?
The From Scanner or Camera option for adding pictures to a document is not
available in Microsoft Office Word 2007. Instead, you can add pictures from
your camera or scanner by downloading the pictures to your computer first and
then copying them from your computer into Word.

After you download a picture to your computer, do the following:

On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Picture.
Locate the picture that you want to add to your document, and then click
Insert.

noel wrote:
Picture from scanner is not in insert menu how do i fix this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Bryntze John Bryntze is offline

"noel" wrote:

Picture from scanner is not in insert menu how do i fix this

You can add it by followinf this link:
http://www.john.bryntze.net/jbkb/ind...2_in_Word_2007