Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paddy Paddy is offline

Default my question mark key is stuck making the French accented E.

i just got a new computer and the keyboard is different. now i cannot make a
question mark because the key always makes the french e with the accent. i
pressed something by mistake that caused this but i cannot figure out how to
get it to revert. i am using an hp pavilion laptop, and windows vista.- paddy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Nothing to do with Word. Someone mentioned this in the last day or two
-- the key has both symbols on it, one of them green?

There's a function key that turns on the "green" keys.

On Jan 22, 7:47*pm, paddy wrote:
*i just got a new computer and the keyboard is different. now i cannot make a
question mark because the key always makes the french e with the accent. i
pressed something by mistake that caused this but i cannot figure out how to
get it to revert. i am using an hp pavilion laptop, and windows vista.- paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
racherr racherr is offline

mine too. I am using a toshiba laptop with vista. The accented e is a red
function on my question mark key. I have no idea how to de-activate the red
function keys.

"paddy" wrote:

i just got a new computer and the keyboard is different. now i cannot make a
question mark because the key always makes the french e with the accent. i
pressed something by mistake that caused this but i cannot figure out how to
get it to revert. i am using an hp pavilion laptop, and windows vista.- paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Somewhere there will be a key with something red on it that toggles those
keys.

http://word.mvps.org

"paddy" wrote:

i just got a new computer and the keyboard is different. now i cannot
make a
question mark because the key always makes the french e with the accent.
pressed something by mistake that caused this but i cannot figure out how
get it to revert. i am using an hp pavilion laptop, and windows vista.-
paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HP user HP user is offline

To change the keyboard from the French Keys: SHIFT + CTRL + FN

I'm on a HP Pavilion with Vista OS, and this works for me.