Kristi

Default Keep Formatting Intact with Send To > Mail Recipient

Is it possible to use the Send To Mail Recipient command in Word and keep
all the formatting of the original Word doc intact as the body of the email
message? It will be emailed thru Outlook/Outlook Express.

I have a graphic at the top of my document (for letterhead) and then text,
as in a letter. When I try sending the email, the margins are messed up and
go off the edge of the screen so you cannot read the whole thing. I want to
have it look as good in the email as it does in Word.

Thanks!
Chuck Davis

Is it possible to use the Send To Mail Recipient command

in Word and keep
all the formatting of the original Word doc intact as the

body of the email
message? It will be emailed thru Outlook/Outlook Express.

I have a graphic at the top of my document (for

letterhead) and then text,
as in a letter. When I try sending the email, the margins

are messed up and
go off the edge of the screen so you cannot read the whole

thing. I want to
have it look as good in the email as it does in Word.

Thanks!
.

Send it as an attachment. However, the recipient will need
to have Word installed on their compupter. Some viewers are
available from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.asp

Kristi

I was actually hoping to have it appear in the body of the email message,
though, not as an attachment that needs to be opened in Word. This is how it
works when you use Send To Mail Recipient, it's just that the formatting
doesn't come through correctly.

So is there no other way?

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

Is it possible to use the Send To Mail Recipient command

in Word and keep
all the formatting of the original Word doc intact as the

body of the email
message? It will be emailed thru Outlook/Outlook Express.

I have a graphic at the top of my document (for

letterhead) and then text,
as in a letter. When I try sending the email, the margins

are messed up and
go off the edge of the screen so you cannot read the whole

thing. I want to
have it look as good in the email as it does in Word.

Thanks!
.

Send it as an attachment. However, the recipient will need
to have Word installed on their compupter. Some viewers are
available from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.asp

Jezebel

You can convert it to HTML and use that as the message format, but it's not
a good solution. Emails sent as HTML are a bit like envelopes with
advertising slogans on the outside: it's one of the characteristics of junk
mail.

Worse, it won't work at all across many corporate networks for security
reasons, many people choose to receive *all* their emails as plain text, and
the formatting is dependent on how the user's machine is set up, what fonts
they have installed, and so on. The email they receive is unlikely to look
like the email you sent.

Don't try to pretty up your emails. It's counter-productive.