ScientistKA ScientistKA is offline
Junior Member

Wink Can't remove white space to the left and right of table cells

Hello,

I am trying to solve a Word table problem that has me cost hours of Googling without success ... I have attached an image of my word document that causes the trouble. I would like to remove the space to the left and right of that text (or up and down if you don't consider the 90 degree rotation).
How can I do this?
(Also see where my mouse cursor is ...)

If you prefer, I can also attach the word document itself.

Thank you very much in advance!
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can't remove white space to the left and right of table cells

A couuple of possibilities. (1) Your "cell margins" are set to some
figure -- the default in the US is 0.08 inch -- and you want to reduce
them. Under the Layout tab (which appears when your cursor is in a table)
there's a "cell margins" choice, but you can control them for the whole
table or any individual cell by going to the left end of the Layout tab
ribbon, choose "Properties," and choose "Options" near the lower right.
This gives you the cell margins panel for the whole table, or if you
pick the Cell tab in that panel, for just the one cell you're in (uncheck
the "use table values" box). Or,

(2) Select whichever cells you want to deal with and choose (Home tab
on ribbon) Paragraph group, little triangle at the lower right, to open
the Paragraph Format pane, and set the "Before" and "After" values to 0.
Also make sure the other values (indent, etc.) are at 0. My keyboard
shortcut to access that is Ctrl-Shift-P, but I don't remember whether
that's built-in or whether I added that myself.

On Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 10:31:08 PM UTC-4, ScientistKA wrote:

I am trying to solve a Word table problem that has me cost hours of
Googling without success ... I have attached an image of my word
document that causes the trouble. I would like to remove the space to
the left and right of that text (or up and down if you don't consider
the 90 degree rotation).
How can I do this?
(Also see where my mouse cursor is ...)

If you prefer, I can also attach the word document itself.

Thank you very much in advance!

|Filename: wordTable.jpg |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=251|