Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yvonne

Default How can i change yellow highlighting to all black?

I need to do a global change to words highlighted in yellow to all black so
that words are not visible but are still in the document. Using Word 2003.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Highlight the word that is highlighted in yellow and select black from the
highlighter icon on your toolbar.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Yvonne" wrote:

I need to do a global change to words highlighted in yellow to all black so
that words are not visible but are still in the document. Using Word 2003.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yvonne

Thanks Carol but what I need to do is global change to all words highlighted
in yellow to show an all black box, we have a document that is being
reviewed, words are being highlighted in yellow that should not show when
document is sent but we cannot delete the words. I know this is confusing,
not sure if it can even be done.

"Yvonne" wrote:

I need to do a global change to words highlighted in yellow to all black so
that words are not visible but are still in the document. Using Word 2003.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could search for highlighting (you can't search for a specific color)
and apply text shading, but don't count on this for files to be sent
electronically; it will work only for printed documents.

"Yvonne" wrote:

I need to do a global change to words highlighted in yellow to all

black so
that words are not visible but are still in the document. Using Word

2003.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JanAdam

Try the following macro:

'jcz - 24.04.06
'
Sub HighlightToBlack()
Dim oRange As Object
Set oRange = ActiveDocument.Range(Start:=0, End:=0)
Application.Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = wdBlack

With oRange.Find
.ClearFormatting
.Highlight = True
With .Replacement
.ClearFormatting
.Highlight = True
End With
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll, Forward:=True, FindText:="", _
ReplaceWith:="", Format:=True
End With

End Sub

Hope it helps. Although I have tested it on Word 2000 it should work as
well in 2003, I hope.
--
JanAdam