Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jezzica85

Default Distinguishing apostrophes

Hi all,
I'm writing a Java program that takes a text file I made from a Word
document, and I need to be able to distinguish between apostrophes and single
closing quotes. I've looked up the two symbols in Word, and they're
definitely different, so I tried making a shortcut key to always insert an
apostrophe, but whenever I do it it still inserts the same character for both
apostrophes and closing quotes. Is there a way to insert an apostrophe
automatically so it looks like the straight mark it's supposed to be in the
symbols, instead of the curly closing quote?
Thanks!
jezzica85