dunkafife

Default Inserting letter text causes header/footer to disappear

Hello!

I have created a letterhead doc that has a different header/footer on the
first page. (Thanks to Susan Barnhill's document on letterhead!) Now, my
header/footer is different than the header/footer on each subsequent page.
That was the first goal, so yay! Now, when I try to cut and paste 11 pages
worth of letter text into this document, my header/footers disappear all
together!

I am not a total novice to Word but this has stumped me. I position my
cursor at the first line beneath my header on page one and paste the text.
Then, I only have my text and no header/footer at all.

Any help is much appreciated!

Charles Kenyon

When you cut or copy the original letter into your new document, make sure
you do not copy the last paragraph mark (or other section breaks). These
carry header/footer info.

Some other pages to look at:

How to set up letterhead or some other document where you want one header on
the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions.

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users