Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
katie

Default How do I make the short vowel symbol above the vowel?

How do I make the short vowel symbol above the vowel?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I make the short vowel symbol above the vowel?

To make a short vowel symbol above a vowel in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the short vowel symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the menu.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" tab, select "Latin-1 Supplement" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the short vowel symbol you want to use (e.g. ă, ĕ, *, ŏ, *).
  7. Double-click on the symbol to insert it into your document.

Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts to insert the short vowel symbols. For example, to insert the symbol for "ă", you can hold down the "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys while typing "a". This will insert the symbol above the letter "a". You can use the same method for the other short vowel symbols.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You mean like a?

Use your character map. Start - Run - type in charmap - OK.

After you find the character you need, in the font you need, select, copy,
and then go back to your document and paste it in.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"katie" wrote in message
How do I make the short vowel symbol above the vowel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is Unicode glyph 0103. If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you can insert
this by typing 103 and pressing Alt+X. For earlier versions (and other
methods), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm.

"katie" wrote in message
How do I make the short vowel symbol above the vowel?

sasprillajo sasprillajo is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie View Post
How do I make the short vowel symbol above the vowel?
Hope this helps
Breve/Short --̆
alt 259
alt 277;