Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rippy

Default Third Line Is Indented Using "Envelopes & Labels" Function

When I select "Envelopes and Labels" in Word 2003 and try to print an address
on the label, the third line of the address always prints indented, even
though it does not show an indentation in the address window. It works that
way with all the Avery labels. There seems to be some kind of anomaly with
the software. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmlwcHk=?=,

When I select "Envelopes and Labels" in Word 2003 and try to print an address
on the label, the third line of the address always prints indented, even
though it does not show an indentation in the address window. It works that
way with all the Avery labels. There seems to be some kind of anomaly with
the software.

I'm not seeing this, in a quick test. Can you give us more information

1. Label type

2. An address where you see this

3. Are you going directly to the printer, or inserting a new sheet? If the
former, try inserting a new sheet and see if you see the same on it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rippy

Label type: Avery 5160 (it does this with any selected label)
Address: Type any three line address
I click the print icon and it goes directly to the printer.

P.S. I found out last night that, if I hit the "enter" key after the last
address line, this does not happen. But I should not have to do that.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UmlwcHk=?=,

When I select "Envelopes and Labels" in Word 2003 and try to print an address
on the label, the third line of the address always prints indented, even
though it does not show an indentation in the address window. It works that
way with all the Avery labels. There seems to be some kind of anomaly with
the software.

I'm not seeing this, in a quick test. Can you give us more information

1. Label type

2. An address where you see this

3. Are you going directly to the printer, or inserting a new sheet? If the
former, try inserting a new sheet and see if you see the same on it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rippy

Please note: I am not using a label template (that works okay). I am using
the "envelopes and labels" tool in Word 2003.

"Rippy" wrote:

Label type: Avery 5160 (it does this with any selected label)
Address: Type any three line address
I click the print icon and it goes directly to the printer.

P.S. I found out last night that, if I hit the "enter" key after the last
address line, this does not happen. But I should not have to do that.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UmlwcHk=?=,

When I select "Envelopes and Labels" in Word 2003 and try to print an address
on the label, the third line of the address always prints indented, even
though it does not show an indentation in the address window. It works that
way with all the Avery labels. There seems to be some kind of anomaly with
the software.

I'm not seeing this, in a quick test. Can you give us more information

1. Label type

2. An address where you see this

3. Are you going directly to the printer, or inserting a new sheet? If the
former, try inserting a new sheet and see if you see the same on it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Rippy,

Label type: Avery 5160 (it does this with any selected label)
Address: Type any three line address
I click the print icon and it goes directly to the printer.

P.S. I found out last night that, if I hit the "enter" key after the last
address line, this does not happen. But I should not have to do that.

I still can't repro the problem on my installation. This third line isn't breaking
over from the line above, by any chance?

FWIW, labels created in the manner you're using usually pick up the NORMAL style.
Could your Normal style be defined with a hanging indent or something?

If you click the "New document" button instead of the printer button, do you also
see the problem on-screen?

Click the AA button next to the Styles dropdown, in the Formatting toolbar. this
should display the Styles and Formatting taskpane. Hover your mouse over the entry
for Normal. Do you see anything about indents?

When I select "Envelopes and Labels" in Word 2003 and try to print an address
on the label, the third line of the address always prints indented, even
though it does not show an indentation in the address window. It works that
way with all the Avery labels. There seems to be some kind of anomaly with
the software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)