Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim

Default Please help with hanging indents

I am fairly new to Word, and I am using Word 2000.

I have my left margin set at 1". I then type a date, i.e. 04/27/05, hard
against the left margin. I then want to set a hanging indent (I think) at
1.8". At the 1.8" mark I am going to start typing my text, which may or may
not have multiple lines. If it does have multiple lines, I want each line to
start at 1.8".

Once I have finished my text, I will skip a line and enter another date,
i.e. 04/28/05, against the left margin. Then I want to start typing text at
1.8" again, just as in the paragraph above.

I am sure there has to be a simple way to do this, but the Help menus are
lousy in my opinion and I sure haven't found the answer.

When I was using WordPerfect, I would set a tab at 1.8", and before I
started typing my text I entered CTRL + F7, and the insertion point jumped to
1.8" and stayed there until I entered a Hard Return.

I would appreciate any help someone can give.

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim