Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RyanT RyanT is offline

Default Can't remove outline boxes from resume

I've just finished creating my resume but there seems to be outlining
boxes surrounding text. Opening the document in Word 2007 removes the
unwanted boxes but they appear in 2003. I could simply save it as a
Word 2007 document but I'm afraid that this would possibly conflict
with employers who run Word 2003. How can I remove these boxes in
Microsoft Office 2003?

I've provided links to screenshots of the document opened in Word 2007
and 2003 to give you a solid picture of the problem:

Word 2007-
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/...5408457a_o.jpg

Word 2003-
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/...0f3bcffb_o.jpg

Thanks for the help.

--
RyanT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:08:08 +0000, RyanT
wrote:

I've just finished creating my resume but there seems to be outlining
boxes surrounding text. Opening the document in Word 2007 removes the
unwanted boxes but they appear in 2003. I could simply save it as a
Word 2007 document but I'm afraid that this would possibly conflict
with employers who run Word 2003. How can I remove these boxes in
Microsoft Office 2003?

I've provided links to screenshots of the document opened in Word 2007
and 2003 to give you a solid picture of the problem:

Word 2007-
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/...5408457a_o.jpg

Word 2003-
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/...0f3bcffb_o.jpg

Thanks for the help.

The resume is built in a table. Word will display nonprinting gridlines if
that's turned on (Word 2003: Table Show Gridlines; Word 2007: Table Tools
Layout View Gridlines). When the gridlines are turned off, all you see are the
printable borders that are turned on (the horizontal lines you see in the Word
2007 screen shot).

When you send a Word document to someone else, you can't control whether or not
they see gridlines. The best you can do is set all the "invisible" table borders
to white color instead of "none", which would hide the gridlines.

An alternative is to publish the Word document to PDF and send that out. If you
don't already have the PDF add-in for Word 2007, download it from the Microsoft
web site:
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...0 11033&CTT=5

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RyanT[_2_] RyanT[_2_] is offline

-

http://tinyurl.com/2534b2

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Thanks so mush for the help. It's really appreciated.

--
RyanT