Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PSpeare PSpeare is offline

Default Symantec Code Alert?

When I open MS Word, I get a Symantec Code Alert pop-up. I have Norton
Antivirus 2006, but I've used Word before without any problems, but all of a
sudden, this is popping up. Hasn anyone encountered this before, and if you
have, how does one go about solving it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

PSpeare wrote:
When I open MS Word, I get a Symantec Code Alert pop-up. I have Norton
Antivirus 2006, but I've used Word before without any problems, but all of a
sudden, this is popping up. Hasn anyone encountered this before, and if you
have, how does one go about solving it?

Without telling us _what_ exactly that pop-up says/does, nobody can
help. Even then, you might have more luck by studying the helpfile that
came with your NAV and/or checking out on Symantec's homepage or in one
of their forums (if those exist).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PSpeare PSpeare is offline

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Without telling us _what_ exactly that pop-up says/does, nobody can
help. Even then, you might have more luck by studying the helpfile that
came with your NAV and/or checking out on Symantec's homepage or in one
of their forums (if those exist).

Greetinx
Robert
--

Thanks, Robert, for replying. Apparently, Symantec wasn't much help, and as
the error contained the message 'dll code problem or debug code error' (in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jeannot@snet.net is offline

PSpeare wrote:
"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Without telling us _what_ exactly that pop-up says/does, nobody can
help. Even then, you might have more luck by studying the helpfile that
came with your NAV and/or checking out on Symantec's homepage or in one
of their forums (if those exist).

Greetinx
Robert
--

Thanks, Robert, for replying. Apparently, Symantec wasn't much help, and as
the error contained the message 'dll code problem or debug code error' (in
those exact terms - strange as I'd never seen them before), I went checking
in the bowels of the computer. My tracking led to the Normal.dot file, which
after, deleting, solved the problem.

Actually the problem is caused by either windows update #KB910437 or
KB890830 from the 8/15 round of Windows updates. It is showing up on
W2k machines and today on a brand new XP Pro install. Seems to be
connected with Norton Internet Security 2006. Pretty harmless so
far......Jeannot

Can not set column width by code Shaw Tables 1 December 17th 05 08:08 AM
Help! Mailmerge code for all selected records? Kara Mailmerge 1 October 12th 05 07:05 PM
adding the post code Louise Mailmerge 3 May 4th 05 06:27 PM
UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 23rd 05 12:16 AM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 04:06 PM