Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brenda Brenda is offline

Default How to creat 2 half sheets with identical margins

Hello!

I'm trying to create an 8 1/2 x 11 document that contains 2 identical half
sheets of content. I need to cut the full size sheet in half and then 3-hole
punch my half sheets, and because of this I need both left-hand margins on
the the half-sheets to be larger than my other margins. This seems
impossible to do in both the "book fold" and the "2 pages per sheet"
settings. Is there a way to make this work? When I try to change margins
manually by dragging the margin rulers, they simply bounce back to where they
were. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I hadn't realized that "2 pages per sheet" sets margins to Inside and
Outside. This is logical for "Book fold" but nonsense for "2 pages per
sheet." I suppose it merely illustrates that they share much of the same
code and that "Book fold" merely adds the booklet printing order on top of
the "2 pages per sheet" formatting.

That being the case, you may need to use two columns instead, adjusting the
side margins and space between columns accordingly. That's okay as long as
you're not numbering pages but becomes much more cumbersome if you have
numerous pages that require numbers and/or headers/footers (but see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Print2Pages.htm for a method if you are
forced to do this).

http://word.mvps.org