Len Lyon

Default Regenerating Index Changes Page Numbers

My WORD 2000 document has two sections: front matter and remainder. There are
no footers in the front matter and the remainder uses a footer, not "same as
previous", with only a page number that starts at 1 just after the front
matter table of contents. However whenever I regenerate the index at the end
of the remainder, the page numbers in the remainder are increased as if they
began at the beginning of the document, and these increased numbers are used
in the index. How do I avoid this?