Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linda Adams

Default Bullet Bugs

Just reporting some bugs with the bullets (Office 2003 with the latest
patches):

I have a number of sections (not section breaks; just sections that start
with a heading style), with each section having a bulleted list. If I copy
and paste text into the bulleted list, it reverts to following in the next
consequtive number from the list in the previous section. i.e., it should
start with numbered item 1, but started on numbered item 4. Likewise, I
pasted a small image in the middle of the text, and it changed the numbering
when I did that. That one was hard to fix. Though it was starting with 3,
the properties said it was starting with 1. I had to remove the bullets and
then reapply them to fix. Sometimes numbered bullets also seem to change on
their own.

--
Linda Adams
http://www.hackman-adams.com

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Bullets and numbering in Word are problems. They have been for a long time.
See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.) Follow the suggestions in these articles and your
bullets will work.

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--
Charles Kenyon