Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default Section symbol

How do I produce the "section" symbol in Word? the one that looks like this
§. I have Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. The section
symbol is character U00A7 in the Latin-1 Supplement character subset. In
Word 2007, access the Symbol dialog using Insert | Symbols | Symbol | More
Symbols. Once you've inserted that symbol, it will be on the shortcut
palette under Symbol, or you can assign a keyboard shortcut for it.

"John" wrote in message
news
How do I produce the "section" symbol in Word? the one that looks like
this §. I have Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Thanks.

By the way, are you the one who is watching this message? I ask because it
says "This message is being wacthed" at the top of the dialog. What is the
advantage to this and how do you do it?

John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. The section
symbol is character U00A7 in the Latin-1 Supplement character subset. In
Word 2007, access the Symbol dialog using Insert | Symbols | Symbol | More
Symbols. Once you've inserted that symbol, it will be on the shortcut
palette under Symbol, or you can assign a keyboard shortcut for it.

"John" wrote in message
news
How do I produce the "section" symbol in Word? the one that looks like
this §. I have Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I've seen that in other web forums, but not Microsoft's site. You're
obviously accessing the Microsft server thru a different website.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"John" wrote in message
Thanks.

By the way, are you the one who is watching this message? I ask because it
says "This message is being wacthed" at the top of the dialog. What is the
advantage to this and how do you do it?

John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. The section
symbol is character U00A7 in the Latin-1 Supplement character subset. In
Word 2007, access the Symbol dialog using Insert | Symbols | Symbol |
More Symbols. Once you've inserted that symbol, it will be on the
shortcut palette under Symbol, or you can assign a keyboard shortcut for
it.

news