Rob

Default How do I save a Word template so it shows in the Template dialog?

I'm not a Word "power user", nor do I use it very often. Now I have need to
produce more documents and I've found some templates on Office Online to be
quite helpful. I'd like to pull the documents to my local machine so I don't
have to create new documents by hitting Office Online every time I'd like to
create one.

So my quesiton is what's the process for adding an Office Online template to
my local templates so it just appears in the Template dialog when I'm
creating a new document. I'm using Word 2003.

If you want your template(s) added to the General tab of File New, you will
need to put them in the same folder with Normal.dot. You will find the path
to this folder on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options, but note that
the folder is Hidden in Windows XP, so you'll need to tell Windows to
display hidden and system files and folders.

If you want any template(s) on other tabs of the dialog, proceed as follows:

1. To create a new tab, create a subfolder of the Templates folder and put
at least one template in it.

2. To add custom templates to an existing tab, create a subfolder with the
exact same name as the tab label (such as Letters & Faxes). Word will then
add your templates to the built-in ones on that tab.

"Rob" wrote in message
I'm not a Word "power user", nor do I use it very often. Now I have need

produce more documents and I've found some templates on Office Online to

be
quite helpful. I'd like to pull the documents to my local machine so I

don't
have to create new documents by hitting Office Online every time I'd like

create one.

So my quesiton is what's the process for adding an Office Online template

my local templates so it just appears in the Template dialog when I'm
creating a new document. I'm using Word 2003.

Glad I could help.

"Rob" wrote:

I'm not a Word "power user", nor do I use it very often. Now I have need

produce more documents and I've found some templates on Office Online to

be
quite helpful. I'd like to pull the documents to my local machine so I

don't
have to create new documents by hitting Office Online every time I'd

like to
create one.

So my quesiton is what's the process for adding an Office Online

template to
my local templates so it just appears in the Template dialog when I'm
creating a new document. I'm using Word 2003.

WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
How to change merge forms from Word Perfect to Microsoft Word dollfindance Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 04:35 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
How do I convert a cd in word perfect to microsoft word greylady Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 08:03 PM