BBiletch

Default Auto text not working

In Word 2002, I have auto text fields that are not updating (e.g., in the
footer, I use the file name, which does not update when I re-save files with
new names). How can I fix this problem? Thanks for any help!
Margaret Aldis

Word isn't very systematic on when and whether fields are updated - for
header and footer fields the quickest way to get everything to update is to
go in into Print Preview and come back to Layout or Normal view.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"BBiletch" wrote in message
In Word 2002, I have auto text fields that are not updating (e.g., in the
footer, I use the file name, which does not update when I re-save files
with
new names). How can I fix this problem? Thanks for any help!

Charles Kenyon

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon