JeremyGray

Default Inserted Picture from Files Not Displaying in Word

I just reloaded a new Dell system from scratch with Windows XP, up to the
most current fix. I also loaded Office XP (2002) up to the most current fix,
both without errors. Now Word files with "Inserted Pictures from Files"
(e.g. inserted .bmp or .jpg files) are not displaying, yet they are printing.
I have checked on the "Help" issues with the "View" and I am configured
correctly under "View". I can get the inserted pictures to partially display
by highlighting the object (which is blank) and hitting enter, but on a
cursor movement it disappears again. Anybody know of this as an issue? Any
clues? Thanks....Jeremy
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Jeremy. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the "Drawings"
box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | OK. If the problem
persists, then reduce or turn off hardware acceleration in your display
driver by clicking on Start | Control Panel | Display | Advanced.

"JeremyGray" wrote:

I just reloaded a new Dell system from scratch with Windows XP, up to the
most current fix. I also loaded Office XP (2002) up to the most current fix,
both without errors. Now Word files with "Inserted Pictures from Files"
(e.g. inserted .bmp or .jpg files) are not displaying, yet they are printing.
I have checked on the "Help" issues with the "View" and I am configured
correctly under "View". I can get the inserted pictures to partially display
by highlighting the object (which is blank) and hitting enter, but on a
cursor movement it disappears again. Anybody know of this as an issue? Any
clues? Thanks....Jeremy

FltEngineer

I am having the same problem with my Dell XPS [Win XP Pro;Office XP;Norton
Internet Security 2005]. If I remove Norton completely all works fine, but
that is not a safe way to do business. As a work around I first insert the
picture into the doc [only the outline usually shows up], I then Edit|Cut the
picture, select Edit|Paste Special..., select "picture" from the choices
which reinserts the picture into the doc. The picture now displays correctly

"JeremyGray" wrote:

I just reloaded a new Dell system from scratch with Windows XP, up to the
most current fix. I also loaded Office XP (2002) up to the most current fix,
both without errors. Now Word files with "Inserted Pictures from Files"
(e.g. inserted .bmp or .jpg files) are not displaying, yet they are printing.
I have checked on the "Help" issues with the "View" and I am configured
correctly under "View". I can get the inserted pictures to partially display
by highlighting the object (which is blank) and hitting enter, but on a
cursor movement it disappears again. Anybody know of this as an issue? Any
clues? Thanks....Jeremy

Intel has confirmed that it is a problem with their driver for the
82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family of display adapters. They say
that they will address the problem in a new release of the driver.

If anyone having this problem will email me the service tag for your
PC, we can demonstrate clearly to Dell that the problem is occurring on
many PCs (I have an open incident with Dell regarding this issue).
Reducing the graphics acceleration a level below that which DirectX
uses is a temporary workaround.

Thanks for your help!

Ann

I bought 11 optiplex dell GX 280 for my laboratory.

I discover the problem when i had to scroll a document created with MS
word 2002 containing some pictures created into word.
The graphic part of the document disapear in display but is correct
when you want to print the document.

In a new computer with windows XP SP1 or SP2, the problem apparears
when i install adobe acrobat in version 5 or 6 (Same problem)after
installing Office XP.
When i move the file PDFMaker.dot in the Path "C:\program
files\Microsoft Office\Startup" there is no problem with my document in
word.

I have also uninstalled the integrated graphic card 82915G to install
the ATI 3D rage pro on PCI slot. Then there is no problem with my
document word even if use the file PDFMaker.dot on the origin Path.

There is certainly a problem with the driver of the 82915G card.

The intel response is :

Hello Kocic,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

Please visit your motherboard manufacturer or system vendor's webpage
and download the latest BIOS update. Installing this will update your
VBIOS as well and should facilitate interaction between the graphics
controller hardware and the latest drivers. After this is done, please
reinstall the latest drivers for your graphics controller, which can be
found at this webpage:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1764

Make sure to read the "Read Me" document that comes with the drivers
prior to installation. The latest version of the Intel(R) 82865G
graphics controller reference drivers is PV14.9.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further
assistance.

Sincerely,

Carlos B.
Intel(R) Technical Support

Intel(R) System Software Web Site
http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/index.htm

Intel(R) Graphics Support Web Site
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/

Intel(R) Desktop Boards Support Web Site
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/

A representative of Intel may subsequently contact you (via email) in
order to obtain your feedback on the quality of the support you
received. If you do not wish to participate, simply delete the survey
email.

Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its
subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

wrote:
Intel has confirmed that it is a problem with their driver for the
82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family of display adapters. They say
that they will address the problem in a new release of the driver.

If anyone having this problem will email me the service tag for your
PC, we can demonstrate clearly to Dell that the problem is occurring

on
many PCs (I have an open incident with Dell regarding this issue).
Reducing the graphics acceleration a level below that which DirectX
uses is a temporary workaround.

Thanks for your help!

Ann

garfield-n-odie

Try reducing the hardware acceleration setting in Start | Control Panel
| Display | Advanced | Troubleshooting. The fastest setting is the
default, but is not always the best.

wrote:

Intel has confirmed that it is a problem with their driver for the
82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family of display adapters. They say
that they will address the problem in a new release of the driver.

If anyone having this problem will email me the service tag for your
PC, we can demonstrate clearly to Dell that the problem is occurring

on

many PCs (I have an open incident with Dell regarding this issue).
Reducing the graphics acceleration a level below that which DirectX
uses is a temporary workaround.

Thanks for your help!

Ann

SandyS

I also had your problem and thanks to JeremyGray was able to solve it. I
changed the hardware accelerator speed to the halfway pont by going to the
the Control Panel/Settings/display/Settings/advanced/troubeshoot/ and moving
the accelerator off of full to the halfway point.

"JeremyGray" wrote:

I just reloaded a new Dell system from scratch with Windows XP, up to the
most current fix. I also loaded Office XP (2002) up to the most current fix,
both without errors. Now Word files with "Inserted Pictures from Files"
(e.g. inserted .bmp or .jpg files) are not displaying, yet they are printing.
I have checked on the "Help" issues with the "View" and I am configured
correctly under "View". I can get the inserted pictures to partially display
by highlighting the object (which is blank) and hitting enter, but on a
cursor movement it disappears again. Anybody know of this as an issue? Any
clues? Thanks....Jeremy

"Carlos"

?B?Z2FyZmllbGQtbi1vZGll?= Wrote:
Hi, Jeremy. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the
"Drawings"
box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | OK. If the problem
persists, then reduce or turn off hardware acceleration in your
display
driver by clicking on Start | Control Panel | Display | Advanced.

Thanks. That hint helped.

--
"Carlos"Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Alecia

Thanks for the advice. I too was having the same issue and to resolve it I
had to tone down the Hardware Acceleration as you mentioned (the other MS
Word options were set as you suggested). A note to add to your instructions
(for Windows XP) is after clicking the ADVANCED button, select the
TROUBLESHOOT tab. Then you'll see HW Acceleration.

Thanks again.

Alecia