Ray_Johnson

Default Date formatting in text form field, part II

I wrote a month ago:
I have a text form field formatted as type: date and date format: MMMM d, yyyy

When I lock the document and type January 5, 2005 it changes it to May 1,
2005. I realize there's a difference between 1/5/05 and 5/1/05 and the
computer is switching it to the other format, but how do I fix
it...particularly when I go to the trouble of actually typing "January."

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
===================================
Now ... weirdness of all weirdness, the following happens:

Typing February 9, 2005 gives 9/1/05 and
typing February 10, 2005 gives 2/10/05.

The second, of course, is right (for this format). Now where did the 9/1/05
come from?

Help!

(Running Word 2003, English-United States (US) system language and system
short date is m/d/yyyy)

Ray_Johnson

Short date is 2/10/2005

Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
form and form field formatting stacyo Microsoft Word Help 4 December 8th 04 04:52 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM
User-applied formatting of text field contents? Ed Kennedy Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 04:44 PM