CATHERINE

Default EXCEL PROBLEM

Hello,
Iam trying very hard to find a fourmula in order to calculate holidays
for my employees.
The problem is as follow...
If they are in the company for less than 2 years they are entitle to
20 days between the 1st of January and the 31st of december
If they are in the company between 2 and 5 years they are entitle to
22 days from their anniversary date.
If they are in the company for more than 5 years they are entitle to
25 days from their anniversary date.

My problem is to take in consideration their anniversary date (ex
starting date the 15 of march 2000 how many holidays does this person
get?)

If anyone could get back to me on this one I will be very gratfull :
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jezebel

I think your basic problem here is that your definitions are ambiguous. Try
expressing these three rules in logical syntax or draw some venn diagrams
and you'll see the issue.

Eg, if someone started on 2 January two years ago they become entitled to 20
days on 1 January, and 22 days on 2 January. Perhaps that IS what you mean,
but it's an unusal arrangement.