abs

Default Section 2 Header in Protected Form

Using Word 2002, I have a form that I have protected only Section 1. In
Section 2 I want the user to be able to open the header and type information.
However, when I protect the form, they cannot open the header. There is no
link between the header for section 1 and section 2 so I assumed they would
stand alone. Any suggestions?
Thank you

Unfortunately, no header or footer is accessible in a document protected for
forms. If the information that is to go in the header is found elsewhere in
the document, it can be repeated in the header. REF fields don't work
properly in the header/footer of protected forms, but you can use a StyleRef
field, and it will update automatically. Create a style (it can be a
character style) for the purpose and apply it to the form field that will
contain the data you want in the header. Put a StyleRef field in the header
to pick up that style. Then watch the magic!

"abs" wrote in message
Using Word 2002, I have a form that I have protected only Section 1. In
Section 2 I want the user to be able to open the header and type

information.
However, when I protect the form, they cannot open the header. There is

no
link between the header for section 1 and section 2 so I assumed they

would
stand alone. Any suggestions?
Thank you

Glad I could help. StyleRef fields are one of my favorite Word features.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, no header or footer is accessible in a document protected

for
forms. If the information that is to go in the header is found elsewhere

in
the document, it can be repeated in the header. REF fields don't work
properly in the header/footer of protected forms, but you can use a

StyleRef
field, and it will update automatically. Create a style (it can be a
character style) for the purpose and apply it to the form field that

will
contain the data you want in the header. Put a StyleRef field in the

header
to pick up that style. Then watch the magic!

newsgroup so
all may benefit.