Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cory

Default High Contrast: Dark Black background w/ White text default.

My eyes are not what they used to be, so staring at a bright white screen
with black text is getting to be a bit of a hassle. Is there any way to set
black as the default background color rather than change it manually every
time I open a document? I have tried editing the template, but that only
changes text color and not the background. Any help would be appreciated.

Cory
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q29yeQ==?=,

My eyes are not what they used to be, so staring at a bright white screen
with black text is getting to be a bit of a hassle. Is there any way to set
black as the default background color rather than change it manually every
time I open a document? I have tried editing the template, but that only
changes text color and not the background.

How are you changing this, now? As far as I know, Word only supports blue
background with white text.

I don't care for "hard white", either. So I usually go into the Windows screen
settings and change the "Appearance" for "Window text". (In order to tell you
how to do this, you'd need to tell us the version of Windows you're using.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cory

Currently I am changing the documents background and text color in the Format
Menu every time I load it.

Cory

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Q29yeQ==?=,

My eyes are not what they used to be, so staring at a bright white screen
with black text is getting to be a bit of a hassle. Is there any way to set
black as the default background color rather than change it manually every
time I open a document? I have tried editing the template, but that only
changes text color and not the background.

How are you changing this, now? As far as I know, Word only supports blue
background with white text.

I don't care for "hard white", either. So I usually go into the Windows screen
settings and change the "Appearance" for "Window text". (In order to tell you
how to do this, you'd need to tell us the version of Windows you're using.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q29yeQ==?=,

Currently I am changing the documents background and text color in the Format
Menu every time I load it.

You mean the document isn't saving this setting when you close it?

Have you tried recording these actions in a macro? If you name it AutoOpen (and
make sure it's saved in the Normal.dot template) it should execute every time you
open a document.

My eyes are not what they used to be, so staring at a bright white screen
with black text is getting to be a bit of a hassle. Is there any way to set
black as the default background color rather than change it manually every
time I open a document? I have tried editing the template, but that only
changes text color and not the background.

How are you changing this, now? As far as I know, Word only supports blue
background with white text.

I don't care for "hard white", either. So I usually go into the Windows screen
settings and change the "Appearance" for "Window text". (In order to tell you
how to do this, you'd need to tell us the version of Windows you're using.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)