Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kunhammad kunhammad is offline

Default how can i change the list of fonts in the same font to simple lis

in the word file, i want to change the font. on clicking the window the fonts
are displayed in its own fonts rather than font names. in the older version
there was an option under 'customize'. can anybody help me

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Kunhammad,

Both the option setting in Word and the registry setting for this choice were disabled by Microsoft for Word 2007.

If you're in a prior version of Word the setting is in
Tools=Customize=Options

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Do you have any idea what the rationale for disabling this in Word 2007 was?
I have many, many fonts installed and find the graphic list very
inefficient. Worse than the font list, though, is that this setting also
infects the Style dropdown, where it is even more inefficient.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"kunhammad" wrote in message
in the word file, i want to change the font. on clicking the window the
fonts
are displayed in its own fonts rather than font names. in the older
version
there was an option under 'customize'. can anybody help me
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Suzanne,

I know it has come up a couple of times, but don't recall that there was a 'reason' given. It's an Office wide setting. In Office
2003 it's controlled in the Registry under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Toolbars
REG_DWORD 0 | 1

Moving the same setting to ...\Office\12.0\...
works in the non-ribboned apps, such as Publisher for the Font drop down, but it has no effect in the Ribboned apps. It's possible
there's an OOXML property setting somewhere for it, but I haven't come across that yet.

In the 'Word only' setting for the Style dialog the Word team elected to be able to toggle showing the styles in their 'display
styles' but not fonts. I suspect it has something to do with Quickstyles display, but that's just a guess.

=====================
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
Do you have any idea what the rationale for disabling this in Word 2007 was?
I have many, many fonts installed and find the graphic list very
inefficient. Worse than the font list, though, is that this setting also
infects the Style dropdown, where it is even more inefficient.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Your last paragraph intrigues me. My styles "task pane" or "window" or
whatever they're calling it now does show the styles in a simple list, but
the Style dropdown (added to the QAT) shows the formatting. Is this
something I've somehow chosen for the task pane (and forgotten how), or is
it the default?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Suzanne,

In the Style Pane
Home tab=Styles=Styles Launcher
at the bottom is a check box for 'Show Preview' that toggles the style list between the plain text and 'styled' view.

============
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
Your last paragraph intrigues me. My styles "task pane" or "window" or
whatever they're calling it now does show the styles in a simple list, but
the Style dropdown (added to the QAT) shows the formatting. Is this
something I've somehow chosen for the task pane (and forgotten how), or is
it the default?

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If it were a snake, it would have bit me. Apparently when it was checked, I
could see that check box to clear it. Once it wasn't checked, it became
"invisible." g

But even if you show the preview in the task pane, the display is relatively
efficient compared to the Style dropdown which shows each style in its own
bordered box with space between the boxes. And of course the problem is
compounded by the fact that the Style dropdown shows All Styles.