Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Perplexed & puzzled Perplexed & puzzled is offline

Default question mark changing

Hello,
Can anyone help? When I am typing a document in Word my question mark has
changed from a question mark to a capital e, with an accent over it.

why is it doing this? how can I fix it?

thank you for helping me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You've switched to some other keyboard. Type Left-Alt + Shift to cycle
through whichever ones are installed.

On Jul 27, 7:48 pm, Perplexed & puzzled Perplexed &
wrote:
Hello,
Can anyone help? When I am typing a document in Word my question mark has
changed from a question mark to a capital e, with an accent over it.

why is it doing this? how can I fix it?

thank you for helping me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have support for a different language installed? It sounds like
you've toggled a different keyboard on. Do you see an EN in your windows
taskbar? Two other capital letters (close to the notification area)? If so,
click them and see if EN is available. Try clicking the EN and see if that
restores correct typing.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible