HUK

Default Word opening minimized

Whenever I open Word 97 it doesn't open in full screen mode; I have to
"manually" maiximize the screen each time.

I've changed my normal.dot and rebooted my PC several times, but the issue
is still there.

Can anyone tell me how to set it back to opening to full screen?

Thanks.

Xero

Did you launch Word from the Start menu?

If so, right-click Microsoft Word (or other name if you have renamed it as
otherwise) from Programs in the Start menu (or All Programs in Win XP) and
click Properties. Under the Shortcut tab, locate the Run item. Make sure that
either Normal Window or Maximized is selected.

Hope it helps?

Xero
"HUK" wrote:

Whenever I open Word 97 it doesn't open in full screen mode; I have to
"manually" maiximize the screen each time.

I've changed my normal.dot and rebooted my PC several times, but the issue
is still there.

Can anyone tell me how to set it back to opening to full screen?

Thanks.

Beth Melton

It sounds like the window is opening off the Desktop.

Here are a few things to try to get it back:

- Open another window, right-click an empty area of the Taskbar and
select "Cascade"

If that doesn't work then:

- Right-click the Word task and click "Restore" if necessary
- Right-click again and select "Move"
- Use one of the arrow keys on the keyboard to "lock in" the move
command
- Use your mouse and see if you can move it back to the Desktop

If the above doesn't work then follow the steps in this article for
recreating the Word\Data key in the Registry. Note that all you need
to do is rename/delete the Toolbars value of the key instead of
recreating the entire key:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"HUK" wrote in message
Whenever I open Word 97 it doesn't open in full screen mode; I have
"manually" maiximize the screen each time.

I've changed my normal.dot and rebooted my PC several times, but the
issue
is still there.

Can anyone tell me how to set it back to opening to full screen?

Thanks.

adz

Yep, simple to fix.

This often occurs if you close word with the x when it is NOT maximized, or
you right click it in the taskbar when it is minimized and select close.

To rectify, open word. Maximize it. Then you MUST select FILE, EXIT.

You see, windows REMEMBERS what size the screen was the last time you closed
out of it ONLY if you close out of it CORRECTLY! If you open it, minimize
it, then don't fully open it back up before you close it with file , exit,
it's going to open not maximized again.

Hope this helps