Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DPete14 DPete14 is offline

Default How do I insert a picture "reference" in a document?

I want to insert pictures in a file, which will print out normally as a part
of the file, but I don't want the pictures to reside in the file. I will
have the file on my network and the pictures on a shared drive available to
everyone.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the InsertPicture dialog, click on the Link box

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"DPete14" wrote in message
I want to insert pictures in a file, which will print out normally as a
part
of the file, but I don't want the pictures to reside in the file. I will
have the file on my network and the pictures on a shared drive available
everyone.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The Insert button in the dialog has a down arrow. When you click that,
you'll find Link on the dropdown menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman