Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
epifstc epifstc is offline

Default unwanted margin changes

One file is affecting pasted text in an erroneous fashion, whether the text
is being entered into it or being copied from it and pasted into another file.
The only areas affected are the pasted paragraphs. There are no styles
involved, no unusual indents or outdents, and nothing I recognize as
unusual appearing with non-printing characters made visible.

Text pasted into the file in question suffers an effective right margine
change from the norm of 6.8" to about 4.75" even though there are no signs in
the ruler line indicating a margin or tab change and the Page Setup still
shows the proper margin for the whole document.

Text copied FROM the file in question and pasted into another file has an
unwanted right margin change as well, this time to about 8.3" reflected in
the ruler but not in the Page Setup section. Iindents, outdents, styles,
non-printing characters are not involved.

Thanks in advance!

JT
Oregon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
epifstc epifstc is offline

The main body of text that is being transferred has neither paragraph breaks
or line breaks at the end of the lines--only one or three dots.

While I realize you were probably suggesting an approach that would work
either way, I should make clear that this has nothing to do with e-mail or
the web--just transfers from one MSW doc to another.

Interestingly, when I tried transferring (copy/paste) a section which was
much too long into the peculiar file, it came out close to normal...so
clearly the peculiar file is automatically shortening whatever block of text
it is receiving. When text is taken from that file it expands when pasted
into a regular file. Weird.

Thanks again for your help with this.

JT
Oregon

"epifstc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you want to send a sample of the problem text to my email, I'll take a
look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you *sure* there are no line breaks or paragraph breaks? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.