Mike

Default How to split 50 page word document into 50 individual files

I have a 50 page document that I want to split up into 50
individual word files. Is there a quick way to do this or
will I have to copy and paste and save each page
seperately. Its a project I have to do this week. Not in a
hurry to do it. Any help appreciated.
Graham Mayor

There is no concept of 'page' in Word, so how easy this will be will be
determined by what is on the pages. If, for example it is a merge document,
see http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm.
However, if the document is simple ie it does not contain graphics, headers,
sections etc which may screw things up, the following should work

Sub SplitByPage()
Dim mask As String
Letters = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range
mask = "ddMMyy"

Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Counter = 1
While Counter Letters
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
sName = "Split"
'************************************************* *****
'Change path in the next line
Docname = "D:\My Documents\Test\Merge\" _
& sName & " " & Format(Date, mask) & " " & LTrim$(Str$(Counter))
'************************************************* ******
On Error GoTo oops:
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Cut
Documents.Add
With Selection
.Paste
.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End With
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=Docname, _
FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument
ActiveWindow.Close
Counter = Counter + 1
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Wend
oops:
End Sub

You should work on a *copy* of the original document and you'll need to
change the path to suit your requirements. See