salliesatt

Default What would cause the Default button in Word 2003 File Setup not t.

I open Word and a blank document is started. I go to File Setup and change
the margin values. Then I press the Default button in that dialog box. A
message asks me to confirm that I want to affect all future (new) documents
based on the NORMAL template, and I answer yes. I enter something into the
blank document, save it, close it, and exit Word. (Or I exit Word without
saving the doc; it doesn't matter.) During the exit I am not asked whether I
want to update the template, although I have the "ask me" option set. I
reopen Word and the blank document that it opens with has the old margin
settings.
Thanks in advance.