eirtepydnic

Default Enter square roots, shift ctrl and +/=, about the lower case how

I know how to enter the square root of something, but how do I shift to the
lower portion to enter info similar to sq. rts. Shift, Ctrl and +/= is used
for square roots, how about the lower portion of a formula. Please help.
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:57:03 -0700, "eirtepydnic"
wrote:

I know how to enter the square root of something, but how do I shift to the
lower portion to enter info similar to sq. rts. Shift, Ctrl and +/= is used
for square roots, how about the lower portion of a formula. Please help.

Let go of the Shift key. Just Ctrl with = gets you a subscript (the
name of the "lower portion"), while Shift and Ctrl with = gets you a
superscript (which isn't necessarily anything to do with square
roots).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
eirtepydnic

Thank you so much for the help, but I did figure it out after I posted the
question. I've used it before but it has been sometime and you know how the
mind works, it forgets things you don't use regularly.
Thanks again.