Robert McN

Default Match destination formatting

I use MS Office XP. It has a useful feature, which is that when one pastes an
object there is a smart tag that offers the option to "match destination
formatting." This is useful if say you are pasting between two documents that
use different font sizes, but you want to retain formatting features like
bold and italics. I'd like to create a macro that would allow me to press a
shortcut key and it would automatically adopt the destination formatting. Is
that possible? If so, how?
Daiya Mitchell

Record it. See here for instructions:

Creating a macro with no programming experience using the recorder
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/UsingRecorder.htm

How to assign a Word command or macro to a toolbar or menu
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...oToToolbar.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/