Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandi Sandi is offline

Default References database

How do I print a copy of a 'References' database?

I'm working on a document and have entered more than 200 'references' into
the Master List; approximately half were used in the document and appear in
the 'Current List' for the document. Now I need to make some MAJOR changes to
correct the APA style formatting that Word does (the formatting feature is
NOT fully APA compatible!). To do this it would be helpful to be able to
print the 'Current List' database and work from the hard copy.

Thanks,
Sandi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

I'm a bit confused to what you are trying to do.

If you insert a bibliography into your work, all items of the current list
will be added to it. Whether they are cited or not. You can just select that
part of your document and print the selection.

Or by hard copy do you mean you want to be able to type over parts of the
bibliography without having a field update removing your changes? If so,
press the button at the top of the blue frame surrounding the bibliograhy
and select "Convert bibliography to static text" from the dropdown. If that
option is not available, use a macro to convert the bibliography to static
text:

=====================================
Sub BibliographyToStaticText()

Dim fld As field

' Go over all stories, including main, footnotes, ...
For Each sr In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
' Find all bibliography fields and convert them to static text.
For Each fld In sr.Fields
If fld.Type = wdFieldBibliography Then
fld.Select
WordBasic.BibliographyBibliographyToText
End If
Next
Next

End Sub

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com