Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FHPhotographer FHPhotographer is offline

Default Word 2002, Mac Word compatability

I have a laptop running XP Professional and Word 2002; I have an iMac Intel
OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
(Note: I have Office 2007 on disc, but the laptop can't handle it without
SP2 and I've never been able to successfully download/install the update on
the laptop so I'm stuck with Word 2002).

I'm losing too much coverting to RTF files from Mac Pages to Word and back
(in particular the "track changes" function and some formatting) so I want
to get Word for the Mac€¦ but will the current Mac OS Word v ______ be fully
interchangeable with the Word 2002 running on XP?