Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TeresaJCTC TeresaJCTC is offline

Default why is my saved word document blank when I open it?

I am now using office 2007. Why do I get a blank document when I am opening a
previously saved document? I cannot tell if the previsouly saved is an older
version of Word or not. I haven't had this problem until recently. What did I
do??? THANKS!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TeresaJCTC" wrote in message
I am now using office 2007. Why do I get a blank document when I am opening
previously saved document? I cannot tell if the previsouly saved is an
older
version of Word or not. I haven't had this problem until recently. What
did I
do??? THANKS!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I misread your question.............

You expect to see a document but now it's blank? If it's blank, does it
really matter if it's in an older version of Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TeresaJCTC" wrote in message
I am now using office 2007. Why do I get a blank document when I am opening
previously saved document? I cannot tell if the previsouly saved is an
older
version of Word or not. I haven't had this problem until recently. What
did I
do??? THANKS!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does your file show a size of 0 Kb? If not, the text is in there
somewhere.

On Jun 18, 11:53*am, TeresaJCTC
wrote:
I am now using office 2007. Why do I get a blank document when I am opening a
previously saved document? I cannot tell if the previsouly saved is an older
version of Word or not. I haven't had this problem until recently. What did I
do??? THANKS!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron49rs Ron49rs is offline

Try:

Tools Options View tab and make sure Drawings is selected in the Print
and Web Layout section

"TeresaJCTC" wrote:

I am now using office 2007. Why do I get a blank document when I am opening a
previously saved document? I cannot tell if the previsouly saved is an older
version of Word or not. I haven't had this problem until recently. What did I
do??? THANKS!!!

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: why is my saved word document blank when I open it?

Troubleshooting Steps:
  1. Check if the document was saved in a different file format by going to "File" "Info" "Compatibility Mode"
  2. If it was saved in an older format, try saving it in the newer .docx format by going to "File" "Save As" and selecting "Word Document (*.docx)"
  3. Check if the document is corrupted by opening a different Word document
  4. If the issue is with the specific document, try opening it in a different program like Google Docs or OpenOffice
  5. If it opens properly in another program, copy the contents into a new Word document and save it again
  6. If none of these solutions work, try repairing or reinstalling Word 2007

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.
PHP Code:
echo "Good luck!"