Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maregag

Default Word 2003 doesn't have all the font choices of previous version

I liked a font "kunstler script" on my old Word. The weird part is, that
font is available on my other computer which I installed from this same
"Office student and teacher edition 2003".
Is there somplace I can access those fonts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Although Word does add some fonts, that isn't one of them. Whether it was at
one time I don't recall, but it doesn't sound familiar. It was probably
installed on your 'old computer' from some other source.

You should be able to copy any fonts you wish from the Windows Fonts folder
(StartControl PanelFonts) by using the Control Key while dragging the font
to another folder/location. Simply dragging the font from that folder to the
other system's font folder will automatically copy (not move) the font into
it. It should be in the menu the next time you start Word.

HTH |:)

"Maregag" wrote:

I liked a font "kunstler script" on my old Word. The weird part is, that
font is available on my other computer which I installed from this same
"Office student and teacher edition 2003".
Is there somplace I can access those fonts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ript&FVER=1.05

This site will tell you all of the Microsoft programs that came with
Kunstler Script. (I like that font myself.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Maregag" wrote in message
I liked a font "kunstler script" on my old Word. The weird part is, that
font is available on my other computer which I installed from this same
"Office student and teacher edition 2003".
Is there somplace I can access those fonts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maregag

Default Word 2003 doesn't have all the font choices of previous versio

Thanks alot--for some reason that doesn't showup in my control panel fonts.
Strangest thing is, I've installed Word 2003 in my other computer, same disk,
etc. and the kunstler script shows up there. I'm wondering if it came from
another program. Anyhow-I do appreciate your reply.

"Maregag" wrote:

I liked a font "kunstler script" on my old Word. The weird part is, that
font is available on my other computer which I installed from this same
"Office student and teacher edition 2003".
Is there somplace I can access those fonts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maregag

Thanks for your reply. I guess without one of those older programs, I'm out
of luck. Again, craziest thing is, it's on my other computer which was
installed from the same disk of Office 2003. I can't figure it====probably
accessing from an older program that wasn't uninstalled,----??
Appreciate your help
"Maregag" wrote:

I liked a font "kunstler script" on my old Word. The weird part is, that
font is available on my other computer which I installed from this same
"Office student and teacher edition 2003".
Is there somplace I can access those fonts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

"Maregag" wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I guess without one of those older programs, I'm out
of luck. Again, craziest thing is, it's on my other computer

You are not out of luck. If the font is on another computer, copy its TTF
file out of C:\Windows\Fonts to the same directory on the target computer. I
don't have it, so I don't know its name, but it probably begins with KUN.

... probably
accessing from an older program that wasn't uninstalled,----??

Although fonts are provided with and installed along with programs, they are
installed into the operating system, not the application, and become
available to all apps. Typically, fonts that are installed by an app are not
removed when uninstalling the app.
--
Ted