Peaceful Wisdom

Default Dictionary Style Headers (Hard question)

Hi all, I need some help with this. I have the bible in a Microsoft Word
document. What I need is to have the header of each page display the first
book, chapter and verse on the left side and the last book, chapter and verse
on the right side. I am using the bullets and numbering function for the
verses. At the start of each chapter, I have a line that states the current
book and chapter. I also have the page split into two columns.
Can anyone give me an example on using dictionay style headers? I'm using
Word 2002. I don't know that much about Word and all it's functions. I would
like to keep the current format of the bible, but I can change it up a little
if need be.
Thanks for all the help.
Daiya Mitchell

I'm pretty sure there's a Help topic on dictionary-style headers. Look up
that, and the StyleRef field (which is what you are going to need) to start
with.

" Print dictionary-style page headers" is the topic title.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Charles Kenyon

Take a look at the styleref tutorial at
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in
message news

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Jezebel

The trick is to use named styles for the pieces of information that you need
to replicate in the header. Eg, ---

in the body of the document:

Sura XX Mystic Letters ----- formatted as (eg) Heading 2

In the header:

{ StyleRef "Heading 2" }

For the verses:

25. Moses said "O My Lord! Expand me my breast!" -----
formatted as (eg) Verse

In the header

{ StyleRef Verse \n }

"Peaceful Wisdom" wrote in
message news

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

[...]

Peaceful Wisdom

Thanks!. I figured it out with your help.