Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prasant

Default Problem in Tabs

Hi there,

I'm working on Word2003.

I am creating a document in which I have some headings and descriptions
which will be coming after a colon in the same line. I placed the heading in
bold, a colon in 0.80 tab space and in 1.90 tab space I placed the
description. I'm sure there are no spaces between the colons. As they are
only single line descriptions, the customer needs that kind of alignment. Now
when I complete the page layout with tabs positions, I went for Preview. I'm
shocked to see that the colons are aligned in a zigzag manner instead of
aligning as a straight one below the other . I tried many options but could
not solve the problem.

Can anyone tell the option with which I can align the tabs in a straight
manner. Neither spacing nor tab doing the job. Is there any option I have to
disable or enable. Even tabs inside the table doesn't work. Please help as I
have many docs to do.

Thanks in Advance.
Prasant.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prasant

Hi
Great. Table does the job.
But always we need to do in table? I have some text which I need to align
colons like same and inserting table inside a table to do that and again
aligning may create problems!!?? Is it not possible by any way only with text
without table??