Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office_user Office_user is offline

Default Track Changes in Word 2007

Although the Track Changes Options dialog box enables me to choose a
highlighting color for merged/split cells markup; when I try to merge/split
cells, the
following message appears:

€śThis action will not be marked as a change. Do you want to continue?€ť

How can I get this function to work properly?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

At this stage I don't think you do. It does not work. Perhaps it is for a
dropped feature or a feature that may work down the track although I don't
see how.

Hope this helps.

"Office_user" wrote in message
Although the Track Changes Options dialog box enables me to choose a
highlighting color for merged/split cells markup; when I try to
merge/split
cells, the
following message appears:

"This action will not be marked as a change. Do you want to continue?"

How can I get this function to work properly?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You get the same result in Word 2003... but, Word 2003 doesn't add insult to
injury by suggesting it should work in the Track Changes option.

My guess is that this was an intended feature that didn't make it into the
final product, and somebody forgot to remove it from the pretty Track
Changes Options dialog box. This isn't the only thing that doesn't work. If
you insert cells, existing cells are marked rather than the ones that are
newly inserted. (Insert Rows and Insert Columns both are marked correctly;
deleted cells are not marked, and you get the popup.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Summer" wrote in message
At this stage I don't think you do. It does not work. Perhaps it is for a
dropped feature or a feature that may work down the track although I don't
see how.

Hope this helps.

"Office_user" wrote in message
Although the Track Changes Options dialog box enables me to choose a
highlighting color for merged/split cells markup; when I try to
merge/split
cells, the
following message appears:

"This action will not be marked as a change. Do you want to continue?"

How can I get this function to work properly?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Yes I noticed that still and the only feature I would have liked was that a
deleted mark-up ROW would delete - so I still LOVE my VBA....