Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KNELSON-SCI KNELSON-SCI is offline

Default Sending email blast via Word MailMerge as Someone Else

Within MS Outlook we have some persons configured with the SendAs() feature.
This means that when they send an email in their Outlook client, they can
make it look like it came from someone else based on this security setting.

We would like for that same person to also send on behalf of someone else
when they do an email blast using MS Word MailMerge. Is this possible? If
so, please tell me how. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

For MailMerge, the user either has to be logged in to Outlook as the Send As
user, or, if your users are connected to Exchange Server and you have set
this capability up there, you may be able to do something using VBA - for
example, if you use the stuff written by Doug Robbins at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

and you have "Send As" or "Send As Delegate" permission for another user
account, then you should be able to set

objMailItem.SentOnBehalfOfName = "the Exchange user name you want to use"

And send the item.

The item does not necessarily appear as "a sent on behalf of" item. If you
have "Send As" permission, it appears as if it's from the user you specified
in SentOnBehalfOfName and there is no "on behalf of" - the same is true if
you fill in the "From"

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"KNELSON-SCI" wrote in message
Within MS Outlook we have some persons configured with the SendAs()
feature.
This means that when they send an email in their Outlook client, they can
make it look like it came from someone else based on this security
setting.

We would like for that same person to also send on behalf of someone else
when they do an email blast using MS Word MailMerge. Is this possible?
If
so, please tell me how. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KNELSON-SCI KNELSON-SCI is offline

Thanks for the quick response.

I interpret your response to say that aside from VBA customizations the user
from whom the emails will appear to have been sent will be whomever is
actually logged on to Outlook during the merge, regardless of any SendAs
configuration. There is not a configuration option, only a customization
option. Please let me know if I misunderstood. Thanks.