Issue with Section Odd Break and Pagination Restart

Old December 31st 10, 10:36 AM
saravananiyyanar saravananiyyanar is offline

Default Issue with Section Odd Break and Pagination Restart

In MS Word, we introduced Section Odd Break at the end of first page and restarted the page numbers on the next page. The issue what we see is, the section odd break is not working as expected. When we tried printing or print preview the document, we donít see an empty page between the first and second page that Section Odd Break would create.

We have a requirement that if the content of a chapter finishes with odd section break in an odd numbered page, then the back page should print as blank and the next chapter should print in the next odd page. If the content of a chapter finishes with odd section break in an even numbered page, then the next chapter should print in the next page.

The functionality is working fine if we have continuous numbering between the chapters. But we did not get blank page if we restart the page numbers for chapters.

We are reading xml using java and creating RTF document and please find the source code that we have:

\par \b \i0 \ul0 \pard \qj \li0\ri0 \sb0 \fi0 OPINION
\par
\sect \sectd \marglsxn1296\sbknone {
\header \pard }\pard
\sect \sectd \marglsxn1296\sbkpage \pgnstarts1 \pgnrestart {
\header \pard \fs20 \f1 Page \chpgn \qr
\par }
\sect \sectd \marglsxn1296\sbknone \f1 {
\header \pard \fs20 \f1 Page \chpgn \qr
\par \pard \f1 \fs20 \hyphpar0 2010 OPINION, *\qc
\par }
\sect \sectd \marglsxn1296\sbknone \pard \hyphpar0 \qj \li0\ri0 \sb0 \fi0 {\*\shppict{\pict\pngblip
89504e470d0a1a0a0000000d49484452000000ee...}}
\par \pard
\par \pard \hyphpar0 \qc \li0\ri0 \sb0 \fi0 2 of 23 DOCUMENTS
\par \pard

For our requirement, we tried replacing \sbkpage as \sbkodd and it does not work with \sbkodd \pgnstarts1 \pgnrestart (section odd break and pagination restart combination)

Section odd break works as expected if we dont have pagination restart for the next chapter.

Any suggestions on this issue are much appreciated. Thanks
Old February 6th 11, 11:53 AM
Dominiccag Dominiccag is offline

Lol Lol Lol
Old May 17th 18, 01:01 PM
electronback electronback is offline

Originally Posted by saravananiyyanar View Post
In MS Word, we introduced Section Odd Break at the end of first page and restarted the page numbers on the next page. The issue what we see is, the section odd break is not working as expected. When we tried printing or print preview the document, we donít see an empty page between the first and second page that Section Odd Break would create.

We have a requirement that if the content of a chapter finishes with odd section break in an odd numbered page, then the back page should print as blank and the next chapter should print in the next odd page. If the content of a chapter finishes with odd section break in an even numbered page, then the next chapter should print in the next page.

The functionality is working fine if we have continuous numbering between the chapters. But we did not get blank page if we restart the page numbers for chapters.

We are reading xml using java and creating RTF document and please find the source code that we have: download kissanime 2.0

[...]

Hmmm, not massively sure as this is a site for Word queries.

Section Break issue charles New Users 1 March 3rd 10 11:46 PM
Automatically restart page numbers after section break? bufossil Page Layout 2 October 17th 09 05:54 PM
Restart caption numbering after section break Amy E. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 09 04:07 PM
Section Break Issue Carrot Top Page Layout 1 April 30th 09 09:05 AM
Can you restart caption numbering at 1 after a section break? Michelle Microsoft Word Help 1 March 24th 05 01:11 PM