Add-ins tab disappears

Old June 8th 07, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KimC

Default Add-ins tab disappears

I have a template document in 2003 format that has a custom toolbar. When I
use the template to create a new document in 2007, the toolbar appears as an
add-in. There is a warning bar that appears warning me that the macros have
been disabled. Before I try to run a macro, if I click on the warning bar
Options button and Enable the macros, the Add-Ins tab disappears! If I try
to run a macro without clicking the Options button and enabling them, I get
the message that my security is set too high. My only option, then is to set
my Word security to Enable all macros. Then, all the macros work as they
should. I need a dozen or so users to be able to access this template on a
regular basis. Must I have them all set their 2007 Word programs to always
allow all macros? Seems dangerous.
Old June 8th 07, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Have you tried installing the template in a Trusted Location? That, coupled
with the right security settings, should get you what you need.

Check Office button - Word Options - Trust Center - Trusted Locations.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Old June 12th 07, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KimC

Herb, Thank you for the help. That was all I needed to do. One other
question---Is My Documents always a Trusted Location by default?

Old June 13th 07, 04:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

No. By default, Word creates three trusted locations: User templates,
Application templates, and StartUp. My Documents isn't included by
default... and for a good reason, since that's the default location where a
lot of documents are stored.