Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
samr samr is offline

Default How do I create a flip chart document in Word

Want to send a document to a printer that will be spiral bound and read like
a flip chart. Do I need to make special arrangements for page orientation
since bottom of one page will be bound to top of next.
--
Sam R

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:07:05 -0700, samr
wrote:

Want to send a document to a printer that will be spiral bound and read like
a flip chart. Do I need to make special arrangements for page orientation
since bottom of one page will be bound to top of next.

You prepare the document exactly the same way as any other. The point
at which the binding edge makes a difference is when you tell the
printer to duplex (print both sides of the paper). Word doesn't
directly control that -- the printer driver does. The driver is
different for each manufacturer, and often for different models, and
each one has its own way of controlling duplexing. You'll have to look
through the dialog(s) you get from clicking the Properties button in
the Print dialog, to see how to specify the binding.

If you're doing "manual duplexing" -- printing the odd-numbered pages,
then feeding the sheets back into the printer to do the even-numbered
pages -- then you control it by flipping the stack side-to-side
instead of end-for-end.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
samr samr is offline

Thanks for the quick response. I think I may have used the term "send to a
printer" in a confusing way. I am actually referring to a printing company.
We normally send documents for external printing in PDF format . For the flip
chart type booklet we are envisaging, which will be duplexed, the backside of
every page will be printed upside down when compared to the other side. I was
wondering if I could output a Word document in that format.
--
Sam R

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Talk to your printer.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That's my advice, too.

The people who create the plates that are mounted on the press -- a
process called "imposition" -- will need to know to place the obverse
page images upside down, or whatever is required for the proper
binding. But this is not something you can do in Word; there isn't any
way to do it, even if you wanted to.

You only need to choose a printing company that's capable of doing the
job. Then let them do it, and they'll tell you how you can help, or at
least not get in the way.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:02:49 -0400, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

Talk to your printer.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

wrote:

[...]

In Word 2003, how do I create an Organization Chart? JohnXXIII Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 06 03:08 PM
How do I "flip" a number in a chart in Word? Sydneyliz Tables 2 October 21st 06 03:05 AM
flip word document sam New Users 2 September 22nd 06 02:09 PM
How do I create a pie chart in word? bub Microsoft Word Help 2 March 30th 06 02:40 PM
How would I create a transition planning chart using word Assistant Microsoft Word Help 0 January 16th 06 03:16 PM