Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default Mail Merge and Word Fields

I have set up a datasource and mail merge, however the datasource contains
several records for 1 person as they may have done several courses. When I
do my merge I want to insert the persons name (we have a unique field
username) and then in another area all of the courses they have been on. Can
anyone help me with how I use the "next record if" word field to do this.
How can I get it to search the list for where a persons username appears more
than once and then insert the course they attended.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is not at all straightforward - See How to use mail merge to create a
list sorted by category - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

Amanda wrote:
I have set up a datasource and mail merge, however the datasource
contains several records for 1 person as they may have done several
courses. When I do my merge I want to insert the persons name (we
have a unique field username) and then in another area all of the
courses they have been on. Can anyone help me with how I use the
"next record if" word field to do this. How can I get it to search
the list for where a persons username appears more than once and then
insert the course they attended.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Here some other sources of information on how to do it:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.