Steve

Default Word 2000 Find File feature no longer works with XP

In Word 2000, I can open the File Open box, and if I have lots of documents I
can type a word and have Word search for the file(s) containing that word.
This is very useful to me since there are more than 500 files I often need to
search in this way.

This feature worked fine until I installed Windows XP. Now when I try to use
the File Open/ Find Files feature in Word I get this message: "The filters to
perform this search could not be installed. The search cannot be completed."

I have uninstalled Word 2000 (and also the whole of Office 2000), and
reinstalled these, but the problem is still there. Can you offer any help?

I know there is a Search feature in XP (StartSearchDocumentsetc.), but
the Find Files feature in Word is much more helpful when you need to search
often as I do.

Thanks for any help! I would really appreciate it.
--
Steve