TufftyBob

Default Word 2002 documents are altered when e-mailing them

When I open a previously saved word 2002 document and try to send it by
e-mail, from within word 2002, it is not sent right away and so I have to
open the outlook 2002 outbox - to rewrite sections of it as some of the
paragraphs and sentences have been moved around making parts unreadable -
then save it again so it looks the same as before, then send it from outlook
2002. Can anyone explain why this is happening?

I have tried saving the same document as plain or rich text as opposed to
html from within word, before trying to send, but this makes no difference. I
cannot send the document as an attachment because the recipients system
blocks all attachments. I have also tried to copy and paste the document into
an 'open e-mail window' in outlook, but the 'paste' button is greyed out or
missing from the toolbar, even though the 'cut' button is not. Obviously just
cutting the document deletes it!

Any help gratefully received. Thanks in advance!
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VHVmZnR5Qm9i?=,

The problem you're seeing is likely due to the fact that not all browsers (an
email window that supports html is essentially a browser) can correctly
interpret/display a Word document the same way Word can. Different applications,
with different ways of doing things.

Do you have access to a website? Could you upload your document to that site and
publish a webpage with a link to it? Then send the person the URL in email and
he should be able to right-click the document link on the web page to save it to
his own computer.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org